UI/UX Design with Sketch
Hey everyone, it's Joseph from LearnSketch.com and welcome to the Sketch design community. Here we'll put our heads together to stay at the cutting edge of modern digital design practices. Start by getting up to speed on Sketch with the Sketch 3 from A to Z course and let's keep learning together!
Sketch has revolutionized the world of mobile application design by providing the tools to transform yourself into a professional app designer with only a few hours of training. This course will teach you to use Sketch to design dynamic, development-ready mobile app UIs that impress clients and engage users.
Learn to Design Beautiful, High-Quality Mobile Application UIs with Sketch 3’s Powerful Tools and Smooth Workflow
- Master the essential principles and tools of Sketch 3.
- Discover design techniques that will enhance your creative potential.
- Learn and implement UI best practices to ensure quality and usability.
- Journey from concept to completion by creating a sample mobile application.
Find Out Why Google, Apple, and Facebook Designers Use Sketch
Many of Silicon Valley’s most established and fastest growing companies swear by Sketch 3 when designing UIs for mobile applications because it’s fast and intuitive, and produces stunning final products.
Contents and Overview
Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran designer with experience using Photoshop and Illustrator, you will find this course valuable in the way that it blends step-by-step instruction with hands-on, customizable exercises:
Mobile App Design from A to Z: With 42 lectures and 3.5 hours of content, this course covers everything from layers, shapes, and styling to text editing to exporting finished projects.
Interactive Design Project: Together with the instructor, you will build a sample UI for an iPhone music player app. Included Sketch documents allow you to pick up at any point in the project.
After completing this course, you will understand how to design high-quality mobile application UIs using Sketch and you will be better prepared to meet the demands of your clients and developers.
Are there any requirements?
- Purchase Sketch from SketchApp.com or download the free trial if you don't already have it on your Mac.
What am I going to get from this community?
- Design the user interface of an app
- Work using UI design best practices
- Leverage tools to ensure pixel perfect design work
- Package a finished design to be sent to developers to be built
Who's this community for?
- This community is perfect for web and print designers as well as experienced UI/UX designers looking to stay up to speed with today's practices and tools
- This community is perfect for Photoshop or Illustrator users
- This community requires practically no prior design experience
- Some graphic design experience will be helpful
- This community is not to learn to develop a functioning app
More about me
Joseph Angelo Todaro
UI/UX Designer & Software Instructor
My entire life I have been aware of one very simple principle; sometimes information vibes with people, and sometimes it does not.
I have a passion for making information resonate.
It all starts with how people think. With how humans work. As humans we have learned how to read and write and while that is incredible, we are also already hard-wired to do some things a bit more "automatically". We are animals – designed to see things things as a whole. To start with a big picture and build understanding as we break it down. To learn from the visual. The spacial. The tangible.
Information can be all of these things. The difference is design.
I am a software instructor and designer who uses the art of design to nurture effective communication. Through 5,000+ hours of face-to-face teaching for the largest software company in the world and 10+ years of exploring the visual arts, I have learned to make information work for people.
"People ignore design that ignores people." - Frank Chimero
Subscribe today and let's start making beautiful work together. I'm looking forward to having you on the team!